Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Applying Paste to layouts for texture

Today, I had a chance to play around with paste to create texture on my scrapbook page. Learn this technique from Nichol Magouirk's class featured on Creative Retreat Winter 2014.

Funny thing...I bought texturizing paste about 3 years ago with the intentions to try it out on a page. Guess you can say I was ahead of the trend...just sad that it's taken me this long to do it! lol

I don't own any plastic templates currently in trend so I made my own using my Silhouette machine. To make the snow fall look, I cut various sized circles using a heavy weighted paper (110 lbs) to resemble snow falling. I used this as a template to rub the paste on to my page. It held its shape very well and I can reuse the faux template several more times until I buy stencil material from Silhouette stores. I took very little time to for the paste to dry and then I embellished the page. Using the paste was fun and super easy. Thanks for a great class Nichol.



Info about layout: My hubby had the bright idea to use the 4 wheeler to pull the girls on the sled. They had a blast going super fast rather putting down the hill with their own body weight. This was a fun day for all including our dog Roxie. She loves chasing the 4 wheeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment